Swell’s seafood main course of panfried Kingfish with carrot ginger puree, crisp apple, wilted spinach and sweet mustard dressing looked better than it tasted, and unfortunately left all three diners still hungry. The fish was cooked to perfection but lacked seasoning and the carrot ginger puree simply failed to take off…
Fresh sushi @ Swell Bronte- always a crowd pleaser (and necessary after miniature mains).
Just a 3-4 hour drive out of Perth’s CBD and destinations such as the famous Cottisloe Beach in West Australia takes you to the heart of one of Australia’s finest wine regions- the Margaret River. Known for some of Australia’s finest wines such as Vasse Felix, Stella Bella, Madfish, and Voyager Estate, the Margaret River provides the ultimate foodie weekend for those up for 48 hours of tipsy wine guzzling, chocolate tasting, olive sampling and coffee sipping bliss.
– 34 Degrees South Organic Olive Farm for top quality olive oils and olive products
– Almond Praline, Rocky Road and the white chocolate sample tub at Margaret River Chocolate Factory
– Espresso any way you like it with Jahava coffee’s special aged coffee blend
– Lunch @ Vasse Felix Restaurant
– Twice baked goats cheese souffle and wine tasting @ Must Wine Bar
– An unrushed visit to the fabulous ‘Providore’ for specialty ingredients, lime, ginger and cinnamon marmalade, conserves, sauces, oils, baked goods and deliciously quaint vineyard dining experiences
– Margaret River Cheese Factory (WA can’t have it all.. cheese is just not their strong point)
Providore's impressive olive oil selection for tasting
Providore's barrel aged red wine vinegar
Italian Sardines with roast tomato puree and aioli
Goats Cheese Tart at Vasse Felix Restaurant
The lovely hostess Rachel @ Must Wine Bar, Margaret River
White and Milk Rocky Road on display at the Margaret River Chocolate Factory